Now, you’ve finally decided that it’s time to start making your dream water feature a reality. If you’re like most of your fellow pond enthusiasts you have definitely been reading anything you could get your hands on that has to do with ponds. Maybe you’ve attended a meeting of your local horticultural society. And you’ve no doubt been discussing your plans with other pond nut cases like yourself. If this sounds like you then we’re here to tell you, you’re ready for the next step. Diggin’ that hole!
But before you burn down to your local garden centre to buy that new Kryptonite enhanced, stainless steel, titanium reinforced, rocket propelled shovel you’ve had your eye on, there is one more decision you need to make. Should you hire a professional to build your pond or should you build it yourself? There is no universal right or wrong answer, but here are a few counter points you may want to take into consideration.
Benefits Of Hiring A Professional
- You know a great contractor that can get the job done and done right in only a few days.
- You just don’t have the time to spend half your summer weekends working on your pond.
- You have the money, so why not?
- The kind of pond you want is way too big for you and your friends to handle, and technically you’d be way in over your head.
- Hard physical labour is just not your cup of tea.
- You would rather have the security a confidence of having a professional look after the project for you.
Benefits Of Building It Yourself
- You are a handy kind of person who doesn’t like to shell out money for labour.
- You don’t care if the job takes all summer. It’s the creative process that turns your crank.
- Your gym membership expired six years ago and hauling rocks to get in shape sounds like a lot more fun than riding an indoor stationary bike next to posers.
- You need to prove to your spouse that you can actually finish at least one household project you started
- Creating something of beauty with your own two hands, which can be shared with others, brings you great joy and a real sense of accomplishment.
Pond Showcase Gallery
Pond Fun Gallery